An earworm is a snippet of a song WISH I COULD TURN BACK TIME. . . that gets stuck in your head and relentlessly refuses to leave. TO THE GOOD OLD DA-AYS It drifts off to sleep with you each night and greets you every morning even before you’re fully awake. WHEN OUR MOMMA SANG US TO SLEEP
Day after day, the earworm camps out in your mind, lays out a picnic, and loops endlessly. AND NOW WE’RE STRESSED OUT.
Sometimes the earworm may bounce to a different–also very catchy—part of the same song.
MY NAME IS BLURRY-FACE AND I CARE WHAT YOU THINK.
MY NAME IS BLURRY-FACE AND I CARE WHAT YOU THINK
How do you get rid of an earworm? WISH I COULD TURN BACK TIME. . .
Here’s some conventional wisdom:
- Ignore it. TO THE GOOLD OLD DAYS.. .
- Watch the music video.
- Sing it with people, friends, strangers, anyone who will join you.
- Replace it WHEN OUR MOMMA SANG US TO SLEEP with another song.
- Read a book. Or several.
- Do anagrams. AND NOW WE’RE STRESSED OUT
- Blog about it and ask others for help. WISH I COULD TURN BACK TIME. . .
HELP! If you’ve ever had a song stuck in your head, how did you finally get rid of it?