Thank you to Brittany @ Grisha Lieutenant for tagging me to do this fun “Totally Should’ve” book tag (created by lively video blogger Katytastic.)
1. A book that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a sequel.
It’s no secret that I adore Lauren Oliver’s novel, Before I Fall. The lovely writing and compelling story make me want to read more, plus there’s a certain male character I’d love to see get another chance–sorry if that’s vague, but we’re spoiler-free here at Eve Messenger’s OtherWORDly Endeavors. 🙂
2. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a Spin-Off series.
Fangirl already has a spin-off with Simon and Baz in Carry On, but one-of-a-kind, adorable Levi is the character I’d most like to read a spin-off about: growing up with his big, blond brothers, working in the coffee shop, overcoming his unique challenge.
3. An author who TOTALLY SHOULD write more books.
V.E. Schwab, V.E. Schwab!
4. A character who TOTALLY SHOULD’VE ended up with someone else.
What randomly popped into my head just now is that Cinderella should end up, not in a cliched relationship with Prince Charming, but in a loving relationship with his dark, lovely, girl-knight sister. That would be cool.
5. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE ended differently.
Not that I’d like a different ending, just a more complete one. In Sarah Dessen’s book, The Truth About Forever, a major plot question is raised at the beginning, which is never answered. That was kind of frustrating.
6. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a movie franchise.
If it’s done right, Patrick Ness’ Chaos Walking would be amazing.
7. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a TV show.
Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any novels I’d want adapted into a TV series.
8. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE only had one point of view
The Future of Us. Emma and Jay’s POV voices were confusingly similar, and the story was really about Emma anyway. One POV would’ve worked great.
9. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a cover change.
I wholeheartedly agree with Brittany @ Grisha Lieutenant on this one. I love the story Ella Enchanted, but nothing about this cover works.
10. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE kept the original covers.
I appreciate beautiful covers but am not adept at keeping track of originals vs. new edition covers, etc., so I abstain from answering this question.
11. A series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE stopped at book #1.
I must have issues with attention span or something because I rarely stick with a series past books one or two–with some notable exceptions, including Throne of Glass and A Darker Shade of Magic. . . . SQUIRREL.
— Eve Messenger
Michelle @ The Bibliophile Struggle
Carolyn @ A Hundred Thousand Stories
Lila @ The Bookkeeper’s Secrets
Astra @ A Stranger’s Guide to Novels
Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books